|Directions to the Venue (Taunton School)|
Once again we are happy to base our Rail-Ex Taunton Show at Taunton School, Staplegrove Road, Taunton, Somerset, TA2 6AD.|
|Arrival by Train|
|To Taunton Station, (click here for station map/information) and then take either the 10 to 15 min signed walk to Taunton School or catch the public bus service. Regrettably there are no plans to run a shuttle bus service from the railway station to the venue this year.|
|Signed Walking Route from Railway Station|
The walking route starts at the Ticket Hall. Arrival from the South is likely to be on platform 5. Simply take the steps down to the Ticket Hall. Arrival from the North
is likely to be on platform 2. Take the steps down to the subway and head under the tracks to the Ticket Hall below platform 5|
|Public Bus Service from Railway Station|
Buses of Somerset run service 28 to Minehead on Saturday & Sunday (Click here and enter route 28 for information and timetables) departing from bus stop found on exit of station from platform 2.|
Buses of Somerset run service 25 to Dulverton on Saturday ONLY (Click here and enter route 25 for information and timetables) departing from bus stop on opposite side of main road under railway bridge.
|Arrival by Car|
There is ample parking in the school grounds near the venue. To get there you have many aids to navigation:|
1. Enter the postcode of the school TA2 6AD in your Sat Nav.
2. Follow the Model Railway Show signs from junction 25 on the M5, A38 from the south, or from Minehead and the west of the town.
The following instructions will help whatever you decide to do:
|Arrival by Car from Jct 25 M5|
1. Exit on A358 signed to Taunton along the dual carriageway.
2. Keep left on A358 at retail park roundabout.
3. Straight over traffic lights where A38 joins the road.
4. Take centre lane to next roundabout, take 2nd exit straight on.
5. Take the 3rd exit (right) at the next roundabout and climb onto and over the new bridge.
6. Stay on this road as it bears left.
7. Continue straight on passing through some traffic lights by the railway station.
8. Take 4th exit at next roundabout and climb over the railway.
9. Taunton School is on the right side, look for look for Rail-Ex banner/board or sign.
|Arrival by Car from Minehead|
1. Approach along A358 to Cross Keys roundabout, take 1st exit.
2. In 200 metres take 1st exit off roundabout signed M5 and over 2 sets of adjoined traffic lights.
3. At mini roundabout take 2nd exit Staplegrove Road A3027
4. Taunton School is about a half mile along on the left side, look for Rail-Ex banner/board or sign.
|Arrival by Car from the South on A38|
1. Approach Taunton on the A38 (Wellington New Road) passing the crematorium on the right.|
2. At the roundabout take 1st exit along Silk Mills Road.
3. Go straight across traffic lights and straight past traffic lights for Park and Ride.
4. Go over railway bridge and turn right at next traffic lights into Bindon Road.
5. Go to the end of Bindon Road at 'T' junction with Staplegrove Road. Turn right and immediate left into the school which is facing you.