Review of Rail Ex Taunton 2018
The weekend of 27th and 28th October saw Rail Ex Taunton return to Taunton School utilising the enlarged layout first used during the previous show. Once again the show proved very popular with overall attendance exceeding the previous excellent year by 8% meaning nearly 2000 visitors enjoyed the exhibits during the weekend. The Saturday morning proved to be the busiest period and as a club we would recommend visiting on a Sunday to enjoy the extra breathing space and more relaxed atmosphere. Unfortunately the increased visitor numbers meant that we sold out of the popular show guide by 11.00 on the Sunday morning. Visitor feedback indicated that the consistently high quality of the layouts was a major draw for visitors year after year. 60% of regular visitors rated their experience 'Better' or 'Much Better' than their previous visit while the remaining 40% graded the experience as being as good as ever.

Visitor Feedback
'Never been disappointed at this show and the catering is excellent'
Mr T from Exeter

'Much more difficult to sort out best in show because so many exhibits have good detail and finish'
Mr B from Bridgwater

'Just as enjoyable as always. My favourite show!'
Mr P from Ivybridge

The layouts were supported by varied trade which included a number of new partners this year in the form of 247 Developments2016, Just in Case and C&L Finescale. Every attempt is made to welcome visitors and ensure they have an enjoyable time viewing the exhibits. The high quality of the Taunton School facilities were consistently mentioned by visitors including the superb refreshments that were served in the main school restaurant.

Visitor Feedback

'Excellent venue, easy parking, friendly feel with good food option. Looking forward to Rail Ex Taunton 2019.'
Mr D from Taunton

'Nice to see lots of new layouts'
Mr J from Tiverton

It was pleasing to see a number of first time visitors to the show, some of whom had travelled considerable distances with the furthest visitor coming from Crewe.
Visitor Feedback

'Very well organised, a lovely venue with great food'
travelled from Bath

'Excellent showwith a great selection of layouts'
travelled from Brixham

If you want to see moving pictures of the show why not view these You Tube clips,
You Tube film by Northern Soul Express
You Tube film by SDJR7F88
You Tube film part 1 by ba14eagle
You Tube film part 2 by ba14eagle

Planning for the 2019 show has already started with provisional dates being 26th and 27th October at Taunton School. We are confident that we can present a show that will equal if not better the high standards set in 2018. We hope you will support us in 2019.